“Call 818-861-9675 Free Consultation”

Work Comp 132a: What if I am discriminated against for reporting a work injury?

Hi everyone! Dustin here from lawatyourside.com.

Today, I want to talk to you about whether or not an employer can fire you if you’ve suffered a work-related injury, and a quick and easy answer is “No, they cannot.”

If you’ve suffered an injury and your employer either fires you or they start to discriminate against you or harass you or do things that are really improper because you filed a work comp claim or because you suffered a work-related injury, that’s completely improper and you can file for special provisions under the labor code.

It’s called a 132A, it's what we call it, and that’s for wrongful termination or discrimination against you for filing a workers’ compensation claim. You can also file a civil suit against your employer for doing that as well. So that’s an absolute no-no. They cannot do that.

If you’ve suffered an injury and you're getting treatment and you're getting better, and then the next thing you know, you get a notice that you’ve been fired or you go back to work on modified duties and they start treating differently and giving you more work or giving you a hard time or harassing you or anything like that, let us know right away. We will do our best to take care of you and make sure that your rights are protected.

If you want further assistance with your work-related injury or you want to talk to a lawyer and get your questions answered or you want us to represent you in your workers’ compensation case, please fill free to give us a call at the number below or click the link below and fill out the submission form, and we will do our best and work our hardest to ensure that we give you all the benefits that you are entitled to under the law. And we hope you have a smooth, efficient case that runs through, so you can get back to your healthiest that you can be and also receive all the benefits that you are entitled to. Thanks so much.